Business Insider article about ethical coding
Dark Patterns is an example of some self-regulation among developers
- What bodies could and should regulate professional ethics?
skirt (regular verb)
face heat for s/th (set expression)
fire-and-brimstone (adjective phrase)
[stand / back] down [from s/th], (phrasal verb)
cop-out (nominalized verb)
Read the article to answer the following questions:
- Who is ultimately responsible for unethical business practices, the managers who give the orders or the employees who execute them?
- The article proposes two solutions to the issues raised. What are they and could either be particularly effective?
- In a broader sense, how can ethics be taught in a professional context?
- Would Taleb’s “skin in the game” work here?