Blog post by Don Denoncourt
scoff (regular verb)
[to be] touchy about s/th (verb phrase)
put out to pasture (idiom)
grow stale (verb phrase)
piece of cake (idiom)
full gamut (noun phrase)
exude energy (verb phrase)
lock yourself into s/th (verb phrase)
be up on s/th (phrase verbal)
Read the blog post for gist to discuss the following questions:
- What is the difference between twenty years of experience and one year of experience twenty times?
- Do you agree with the idea that only your previous two years of accomplishments matter?
- How can you keep current in an industry?
- Why, according to the author, are hobbies and fitness important?
- All things considered, do you think the cult of youth at many tech-companies is justified or not?