Interview with James Collins from knowledge@wharton
- What traits does a great leader or manager typically posses?
- What does the word humility mean? It is difficult to translate, because смирение is too religious while скромность carries a sense of shyness and unassertiveness that is lacking in humility.
at the helm (noun phrase)
settle for s/th (verb phrase)
empirical (adj.), empirically (adv.)
turn [a/the] corner (verb phrase)
self-aggrandizement (uncountable noun)
implode (regular verb)
Read the interview to answer the following questions:
- What is the difference between level five and four leadership?
- Why do we tend to notice level four leaders and overlook level five leaders?
- How can humility and drive be identified in a candidate?
- What actionable points does Collins give us?