There is a lot of debate in many countries about whether attendance at public schools should be mandatory or whether parents should have the choice to either educate their children at home or send them to a private school.
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of homeschooling, unschooling or other non-traditional methods?
- Would you consider such a method for your children?
- Some countries such as Germany require parents to send their children to public schools. Do you agree with this policy or is it a human rights violation?
- Should the state introduce metrics to track the progress of children in non-traditional education programs?
- What should the purpose of public education be? What skills or values should a child have when they graduate from high school?