Blog post by Tim Ferriss
- Are you satisfied with how languages are currently studied?
- Do language classes meet your needs?
determining factor (noun phrase)
hinder (regular verb)
hasten (regular verb)
can’t cope (set expression)
sticking points (noun phrase)
inhibit (regular verb)
coddle (regular verb), coddl- (ing / ed adjective)
you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to… (set phrase)
Read Tim Ferriss’ blog post about the pitfalls of language classes to answer the following questions:
- Which ideas of his are useful and which aren’t?
- What’s the difference between prescriptive and descriptive grammar?
- How can grammar be taught inductively?
- How can Ferriss’ ideas be applied to our classes?