NY Times Article
Talk by Vincent Woo about a side business
- Do back offices and non-retail businesses need to be centrally located?
- What are the costs and benefits to slow growth versus venture capital funded viral growth?
novel (adj: not the noun meaning book)
gobs of [s/th], (noun phrase)
spend beyond [your] means (set phrase)
under the radar (set phrase)
divulge (regular verb)
to weather tough times (set phrase)
severance [check, package], (uncountable noun)
malign (regular verb)
one-stop shop (noun phrase)
at the behest of [s/b, s/th], (set phrase)
Read the article to answer these questions:
- If you founded a company, would you use any of the lessons from MailChimp’s journey?
- In what cases is the “debt-fueled rocket ship careening out of control” model useful?
- Would you want to work at an office outside of the city center that’s not in an IT-hub?