Article about Munich’s switch back to Windows from Linux
drop (-ped, -ped)
materialize (regular verb)
envision (regular verb)
licensing fee (noun phrase)
Read the article in order to get a basic idea of what happened when the city administration in Munich decided to switch to Linux. Be ready to discuss these points:
- What was the initial appeal of Linux?
- What caused the transition to not go as expected?
- What should an institution consider when selecting software?
- What is a good strategy to weigh long-term and short-term costs when making a decision?
- Many institutions have successfully switched to Linux. What could have caused different results?