TED Talk by Rachel Botsman
- Why is trust important for a functional society?
- What institutions do you trust?
[X] is counter to [Y], (set expression)
take a [X] leap (set expression)
intrigue (verb, ed / ing adj.)
audacity (uncountable noun)
underpin (regular verb)
Listen to the TED Talk to discuss the following:
- Do you agree with the speaker’s definition of trust “as a confident relationship to the unknown”?
- What are the three types of trust?
- Is distributed trust really making us more accountable?
- What are some possible downsides to constantly being rated?