TED Talk by John McWorther
- If you already speak English, is there any point in learning another language?
- Why do something or acquire a skill that is “useless”?
take over (took, taken, phrasal verb)
why bother [to do / doing], (set phrase)
fraught, fraught with s/th (adj.)
worldview (countable noun)
dementia (uncountable noun)
blow [your] mind (blew, blown, phrasal verb)
Listen to the TED Talk to evaluate John McWorther’s argument for learning languages and answer the following questions:
- What four arguments does the speaker make for learning languages?
- How strong are his arguments?
- Which language would be worth learning besides English?