Medium post by Jason Fried
BBC article about burnout and exhaustion
- Why do people often wish to seem busy and exhausted?
- What’s the difference between lazy and well-rested?
badge of honor (set expression)
catch (presentation, show, some sleep)
[x] be damned (set expression)
rite of passage (set expression)
mark of [x], (set expression)
[x] is telling (set expression)
think straight (set expression)
burn [s/b] out (phrasal verb)
the exception, not the rule (set expression)
Read the article for gist in order to answer the following questions and review the keywords in context:
- According to the author, why do many companies develop a burnout culture?
- How does sleep deprivation interfere with productive work?
- What solutions does the author propose?